Payday Loans in Abilene
The payday loan business in Abilene is regulated by Texas state law. Abilene is not on the list of cities that have a local ordinance for limit credit access business in the City.
Abeline TimeLine News
- April 2017: Abilene City Council meeting, discussed the ordinance to regulate payday loans in Abilene. The proposal of the ordinance was failed.
- Voting in favor: Mayor Norm Archibald, Anthony Williams, Kyle McAlister;
- Voting against: Shane Price, Bruce Kreitler, Steve Savage.
Abeline Payday Loans Stats
- May 2021: In Abilene operate 14 no credit check payday loans stores:
- ACE CASH EXPRESS (3 stores);
- TitleMax (2 stores);
- THE CASH STORE (2 stores);
- LOANSTAR TITLE LOANS (2 stores);
- CHECK N GO (1 store);
- ADVANCE AMERICA (1 store);
- Star of Texas Financial Solutions (1 store);
- Unnamed (2 stores).
Abilene Residents Debt-to-Income Ratios
Abilene residents have 669 median credit score and the average number of late payments is about 5.85. Below represented DTI (Debt-to-Income) ratios shows how Abilene residents debts stacks up against their income. As of 2020.
Credit Card DTI
Car Loan DTI
Student Loan DTI
Abilene Residents Financial Statistics
Below represented statistics is for Abilene, Taylor County, Texas. As of 2019.
Median age of Abilene's residents, years
Labour force participation rate, %
Unemployment rate, %
% of residents with no health insurance
Median individual income, USD
Median household income, USD
% of households with income under $35,000
% of households with income $35,000 - $75,000
% of households with income $75,000 - $100,000
% of households with income over $100,000
% of households that own their residence
Median home value owned by residents, USD
Median rent cost, USD
Rent Burden, %
Some official sources of data we used to build this page:
Payday Loans are legal* in Texas.