Payday Loans in Denton
Denton has the local payday loan regulation:
- Ordinance No. 2013-073
- Approved on 19 March 2013
- Signed by Mark A. Burroughs (Mayor), Anita Burgess (City Attorney).
The main features are:
- A lender must obtain a certificate for 1 year;
- A payday loan in Denton can not be more than 20% of a borrower’s income;
- A lender must determine a customer’s income;
- Installment payments limited to 4 times;
- Renewals limited to 3 times;
- $500 penalty.
Payday Loan Stats in Denton
The 2021 year, in the City Denton, operates 10 payday loan stores, where borrowers can obtain quick cash with no credit check:
- TitleMax (3 stores);
- THE CASH STORE (1 store);
- ACE CASH EXPRESS (1 store);
- CHECK N GO (1 store);
- SPEEDY CASH (1 store);
- CASHMAX (1 store);
- ADVANCE AMERICA (1 store).
Denton TimeLine News
- March 2013: Someone in Denton paid off the full amount ($282) for the payday loan.
Denton Residents Debt-to-Income Ratios
Denton residents have 679 median credit score and the average number of late payments is about 4.93. Below represented DTI (Debt-to-Income) ratios shows how Denton residents debts stacks up against their income. As of 2020.
Credit Card DTI
Car Loan DTI
Student Loan DTI
Denton Residents Financial Statistics
Below represented statistics is for Denton, Denton County, Texas. As of 2019.
Median age of Denton's residents, years
Labour force participation rate, %
Unemployment rate, %
% of residents with no health insurance
Median individual income, USD
Median household income, USD
% of households with income under $35,000
% of households with income $35,000 - $75,000
% of households with income $75,000 - $100,000
% of households with income over $100,000
% of households that own their residence
Median home value owned by residents, USD
Median rent cost, USD
Rent Burden, %
Some official sources of data we used to build this page:
Payday Loans are legal* in Texas.