Payday Loans in Temple
The City of Temple has the local regulation for payday loans (cash advance) companies.
- Ordinance 2015-4739 (Chapter 41);
- Adopted on 17 Dec 2015;
The main options of this ordinance are:
- A CAB (credit access business) must keep all records about payday loan transactions;
- An amount of payday loan can not exceed 20% of a borrower’s income;
- No more than 4 installment payments;
- No more than 3 renewals for single lump sum.
- Ordinance No. 2015-4740;
- Approved on 17 Dec 2015;
- Signed by Daniel A.Dunn (Mayor), Lacy Borgeson (City Secretary), Kayala Landeros (City Attorney)
The ordinance contains the main features:
- A payday loan lender can not be located within 1,000 feet of another lender;
- A payday loan lender can not be located within 200 feet of residents properties;
- Stores can not be located near the Major Arterial Road and Expressway.
To Complain in Temple
DIVISION OF GENERAL SERVICES OFFICE
Send the complaint form to 101 N MAIN ST. TEMPLE TX 76501
Temple Payday Loans Stats
- May 2021, (by occc.texas.gov) 6 storefronts operate in Temple:
- LOANSTAR TITLE LOANS (2 stores);
- TITLEMAX (2 stores);
- ACE CASH EXPRESS (1 store);
- CHECK N GO (1 store).